Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Special Trip to Cameron Highland

We wanted to visit Cameron Highland (CH) long time ago but do not have a same holiday. Finally we managed to plan for a 2D1N trip in fasting month, a week before Deepavali. There's some 'technical glitch' during the process though, we keep changing date and when we finally got it changed, off we go early in the morning on 15 Oct. We had our breakfast at Ipoh bofore meeting C's LENG CAI fren to drive up together.

Simpang Pulai route to CH is really a pleasant journey & you won't get motion sickness. Going in a group with nice music is another factor to make a pleasant journey. Our 1st stop before checking in is Rose Valley. Taken some photos of the flower. The whole area is not very well maintained. I believe if it is, it will be a really nice place to visit.
Generally the colour of the flowers at CH is very nice. After Rose Valley we took a short nap at our 4 rooms fully equipped apartment and start our journey to Strawberry farm.

Then cactus valley...

This is 猪 笼 草 . It captured me when I walk into cactus valley. very pretty !! =) It's better looking than the wild one I saw in Sabah. We tried to put something into it to see its reaction but nothing can be seen. Why ar? is that plant hibernating under such cooling temperature at Cameron?

You can find many different species of cactus here. round one, long one, with and without thorn, weird one... also flowers, strawberries, apples, tomatos!! (I love it!!)

CS knows very well how I wish to 'appreciate' the tomatos. Please find the evidence from the photo on you right. hehehe..... They're really big, juicy and most importantly, tempting for a tomato lover like me. I ended up getting the cherry tomatos home, which is so so yummy.

We did some shoping for cactus for our staffs,

friends, ourselves, and my boss. I wonder if there is certain location that we should not put cactus so as not to interfere with the good 'Feng Shui', eg on office table, in the room etc. If you know, leave a comment pls??)

We call it a day after having our main aim in Cameron------- Steamboat dinner at Mayflower restaurant. (Sounds familiar?? Aye, there's also a Mayflower further down Bleu Ginger at the end of Sauchiehall Street)

Temperature at CH goes down very fast after dawn and it really gives you a "I'm back at Glasgow" feel. =( this doesn't sounds positive I know but we did think about the time back then. As the chinese saying goes, "sweet+ sour+ bitter+ spicy" period in life all *floating* in our mind.................. Those are the nice and precious memory in life. No wonder people always say university life is the most unforgettable. A big Thank You to my parents who gave me the chance to be in it! ;)

Next day itinerary was Bharat tea plantation. We took our 'family photo' there too.


We went to the morning market after taking our roti canai, roti chocolate and murtabak brunch. It was already noon by the time we reach there. oops... ;) Yet, not every early birds get the worms ya... A strawberry stall owner wanna clear stock when we were there and we get very special offer on the fresh strawberries. The stall is ALL clear within 5 minutes. (Suddenly we become big customer), until we have to carry them back to our car first before we can buy other stuffs. We brought 1 big n 1 small ice box to keep the strawberries fresh. The owner even bring us to his stall at the very back of the market. Everything there are fresh and cheap!! We continue to be big customers for nearly half an hour before going back to our car with all hands full of goodies. We say goodbye to CH when we were done with our shopping. It's a short and relaxing trip for all of us. Guys and gals, give CH a chance if you are too bored to go to beaches AGAIN to revive your body!

A relaxing trip must not end just like that. We went to Ipoh to have yummy custard at the famous corner shop. I called my friend to find out the location, and we were actually right in front of it when I call again when I 'get lost'. hehe... pai seh...

Our next destination after Ipoh is again, our usual Karaoke session at the usual place at Butterworth. I experienced a special birthday treat 2006 too. I actually suspected something amiss when 2 of them missing at the early stage of our K session. Then, half way through our K session when I was soaked in my favourite song, I see this in our room.


What a surprise!! That's sweet =)

I drove home after a relaxing 2 days holiday, enjoying the journey home. It's another memorable day of the year. =) Thanks buddy!

1 comment:

deejaywyw said...

nice trip...
i will go to cameron on 3/10-5/10...