We spent 3 days in Guangzhou, visiting my aunt and her family, meet up with my boss, shop n dine. My aunt's aprtment is on 9th floor, WITHOUT lift. Everyone has to climb up the staircase to go home, which takes about 5 minutes. The outlook of their apartmetn may look old n dirty but the apartment itself is a nice one, quite big also. My aunt cook the lunch and we happily chat and have lunch together, this happens once in 25 years. It's a touching reunion, especially me finds that my aunt resembles my grandmother- the way she talk, behave, almost everything she do. That makes me miss my grandmother a lot.
Meeting with my boss is a new experience. We were so high in spirit to meet in a different country, especially this is the 1st time 3 of us on leave together to go on overseas trip. My boss introduce me to the placess they like to visit everytime they visit GZ, now I understand better why they always look forward to visit China. It's almost their 2nd home now.
I also manage to meet up with ES in GZ. It's good to see her happy and the smile from her is so genuine that I think I've not seen for years. Maybe it's good for her, and I wish me, she and tai lou all the best, live our life to the best and stay strong.
Shopping in GZ is not as enjoyable as I thought. Generally I find the prices are almost the same as in Malaysia. Other items like souvenir, gifts etc in the wholesale market that are widely available in Malaysia is so so so cheap in GZ. One can really spend one whole day in the market and enjoy shopping to the max.
Something good to mention is that the China people thinks that Malaysian are generally dark skin, the Chinese in Malaysia do not understand Mandarin. They thought we are illiterate in mandarin, as in, knot speak, write nor listen to mandarin. When they know that we actually do learn mandarin, they are surprised and impressed. Oh no!!!! I'm proud to be a Chinese. Our culture and theirs are almost the same. The people who guide the Malaysian chinese has done a really fantastic good job. I'm really proud of it.
2b continue....
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment