Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Professional image

I remember back in uni life, our professor stress hard on the professional image that we should have. So, back then, new rule requires everyone to wear formal attire to lecture, and also to hang a long name card on us, we used to call it dog tag. I think this is a good start. Well, people always say, it's good to start from young isn't it?

Today, sitting at the designated table in the office, with the red colour license hanging at the wall, BNF, MIMS, order book, product chart etc on the shelf behind my table, that special calendar and planner courtesy of drug company on my table, do I give a professional image professional enough? Don't worry about formal attire, my eyes always see formal attire only. * That's why I stand half an hour in front of my wardrobe and still see no clothes to wear if I were to go out with friends*

How do I know how people think about my professional image? Let's see what people ask.....

They ask my boss/staff,

Who is she?
What she doing here?
She the boss ar? ohhh..... pharmacist.... I want to ask you hor....... bla bla bla....

They ask me,

You work here how long already? I thought you just graduated only. *baby face????!!! innocent look????*
You from SP?
You the pharmacist ar?
You the chemist?
You from where? USM ar? then they start to assume Im budak USM and start to talk about USM students... Who's who also in USM, this person, that person also USM one.. Urgghh....
You Chinese? *I strongly dislike this question!!!!!!!*

I don't really like people to examine my background, especially those who ask with intention. Why care where Im from, Where I stay? Chinese or Malay? I dislike those who walk in staring at me and continue staring for at least 1 minute b4 they open their mouth to ask for things they want. I feel very uncomfortable with that. Wanna dig their eyes out liao. Heee...

No comments: