I gone through a period of emotional crisis lately. There were few issues that happened at the same time, and I got really frustrated. Now that things have settled, I start to reflects my life.
I realised in my life, i have to always fight for what I want. Reason? I do not usually get what i want/wish. When i was small, i do not get to buy sweets/junk food that other young chidren enjoy. i do not get extra money to bu the weekly paper magazine sold at 30cents at the side door of my primary school.
Once my parents brought us all to a book fair in Penang. I wanted to buy a book written by Enid Blyton (Did i spell that correctly??) and was rejected. I was so into the book and I wanted it so much, I do not understand why they say the writer is good, the story is good for our age to learn, yet i was not allowed to get one.
When i was in uni, i was the only one who do not have fancy dress, branded clothes, make up, car, cash, handphone etc. When i went to Scotland for further studies, i am the only one with no handphone and extra cash. Some were teasing me, I know. What to do? I do not have the priviledge to get those luxuries.
I thought to myself, that I am going to get what i want with my own effort when i grew up. It's ok I cannot get it now. I will do that later, when I am financially independent. i thank my parents for giving me such experience. Though it was painful, it really taught me of the vlue of life and the value of getting something with you rown effort.
I am slowly moving towards achieving things I want in life. from small item that i fancy to the necessity that I want to have, but to many others, it may be a luxury. I treasure what i have now, especially what I get from my hard work.
I appreciate life more.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment